top of page
  • Hilary Hunt, Esq.

Main Venues Practiced In

I practice mainly in the St. Lucie, Martin, Indian River, Okeechobee, and Palm Beach County areas. Occasionally, I will take cases in other counties, but generally, attorneys tend to recommend that clients hire attorneys physically located relatively closely to where the client's case will be heard.

Generally, this is because you are paying for the attorney's time and experience in a specific area. First, generally, you will be charged for travel time. If you hire an attorney who practices 60 miles away from your particular courthouse, the travel time to and from the courthouse or from your mediation location will be charged to your retainer. Second, when you hire an attorney, part of their experience involves becoming familiar with the local judges and other opposing attorneys. The farther away from your prospective attorney's home base, the less likely she is to be familiar with local customs, local judges and of course, local opponents.

The majority of my clients reside in West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Hobe Sound, Jensen Beach, Stuart, Port St. Lucie, Ft. Pierce, and Okeechobee.

20 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

How much do Florida Family Law attorneys charge?

So, this is a little different than my previous post about 'what' Florida family law attorneys charge for. Here, I'd like to discuss 'how' and really, 'how much,' they actually charge. To start, most


bottom of page